Thursday, March 26, 2009

The Journey : Day 6 Australia : Melbourne City -> Sandringham

Artists trying to make a living
We moved out of my sisters new place on Day 6 as it's inconvenient from her place to take public transport to move about. We stayed in a motel within the city and it's quite affordable as the price is about AUD130 for a room for 4.

Walking around the city taking some shots and also visited Queen Victoria Market; which is another popular tourist attraction. I felt that it's not as special as what the brochures claimed to be as it's just another market but with a very pricey tag for all its goods.

In the afternoon, I took a train to another suburb Belgrave but it was raining heavily halfway and since it's going to be another 45 minutes ride, I stopped at Boxhill; which most Chinese residents resides. Moved about the suburb for quite awhile....and I found out that most of the marketing/signs are written in Chinese....

I later headed off to Sandringham....a beachside to view the sunset and it was amazing as you can see from the picture below. It was really chilly as the Antartic wind blew towards the beach. I tried to withstand the strong wind by wearing my windbreaker but it seems the cold wind is so strong that it eats through it. Well since I can't get such nice chilly wind back in Malaysia; might as well endour it and enjoy the sunset.

I stayed on about an hour before I left as it's already too cold when the sun disppears from the horizon and left for Melbourne city freezing off my ears and hands....brrrrrr


Lots of beautiful sculptures around the city

Queen Victoria Market

Heavenly ray of light penetrates the dark clouds

Sun bidding goodnite

Day 6 Completed



3 comments:

Alice said...

Ooooh I love the chilly air too while I was in Sydney. I miss that place already!

gyn said...

wah.. u've been here a few days and u've already been to more places than i have.. envy envy

Ray Titus Ong said...

che...i miss it more in melb...u should try melb sometime..

hi gyn, thanx 4 visiting my blog... u look somewhat familiar.. we met b4? btw ur in melb now?