Sunday, March 1, 2009

A City Called Ipoh...

Was back to my hometown; Ipoh last weekend as I need to visit my grandmother who is hospitalised. Luckily she has been recovering since my previous visit which is a couple of days back before the weekend and all is thanks to my friends & relatives prayers.

Since I'm back; might as well take the opportunity to try out some delicacies which I've been missing out for quite sometime and of course Ipoh is famous for none other than their "kai si hor fun" which means flat noodles soup with steam chicken....yummy...even mentioning the name already making my tummy growls....I'm already missing it while typing this. The chicken served is so tender and juicy while the brean sprouts are fat and juicy as well. The flat noodle taste superb with it's sweet soup.

I also take the opportunity to try out a beer that has brought into reputation from Ipoh itself; so I heard. It's called "Snow Beer". I find it quite odd at first when the beer was served as it looks all icy & foamy as you can see in the picture; therefore dubbed the name "Snow Beer". It's actually normal beer which has been chilled and served with chilled glass. Tasted better than normal though as I feel it's much smoother and less gassy.

Freshly chopped steam chicken

Fat & Juicy Bean Sprout

Smooth & Sweet Flat Noodle Soup

Snow Beer

5 comments:

DiA said...

so yummy....... jealous... :P

Unknown said...

makan makan makan and makan

Alice said...

The snow beer sounds interesting.

Will pray for your grandma's speedy and full recovery. I hope she and your family are coping well.

Ray Titus Ong said...

yes che...
got chance take u 2 ipoh 2 try...
prolly we should do a road trip 2 north sometime? hehehehe...

Ray Titus Ong said...

thanx 4 ur prayers che...
she recovered a lot d :D
though there were strenous probs in regards 2 her ops earlier :(