Tuesday, April 7, 2009

The Journey : Day 8 Australia : Melbourne -> Sydney

Last day in Melbourne...going to miss this place but yet another adventures await me in Sydney. Anyways was hoping to move about the city more like going to St Patricks Cathedral and Queen Victoria Gardens but I was stopped by rain :( what a way to end my journey in Melbourne. Since it rained, I went to grab an early lunch and packed all my stuffs. Went to Southern Cross Station earlier by tram and grab a shuttle bus ticket to Avalon airport which is about 60km from the city. The shuttle bus costs me AUD20!

It took the bus about 45 minutes to reach the airport where I checked in my luggage quickly and wait for my flight by Jetstar. It was on time as usual and we're all prepared for take off at 3.15pm.

BYE BYE MELBOURNE!

a friendly tourist guide
Treasury Gardens @ Melbourne

Sydney view from above

Double level train in Sydney

a schnitzel

Reached Sydney airport about an hour plus and once I got off the plane, I went searching for the bus that's supposed to take me to my friends place. I looked high and low for about 30 minutes and I can't seem to find the bus at all and it seems not many people around there are familiar with the bus or so I thought. I was about to give up and take a cab when I saw the bus my friend described a yellow colour bus named Hillbus which is the only bus company that goes to my friends place at Carlingford.

I quickly raced towards the bus but it was not a legal bus stop but after several plead with the driver, he let me up and even showed me where next time i should grab the bus from....opppss seems like I already did something illegal on my first day in Sydney. I bought a weekly ticket as advised from my friend as it's expensive to get a trip ticket which costs AUD5 per trip! The weekly ticket costs AUD40 only.

It took the bus about an hour to reach my friends place as the jam in the city was quite bad although they have dedicated bus lane. I guess probably due to rush hour since it's time for the people to go back. Stopped at the right bus stop luckily thanks to a gal in the bus that guided me. The bus stop is weird as it's in the middle of a highway where it has stairs connecting down to the road below to residential area. My friend came over to help me grab my luggage and we walked back to his place which is only 5 minutes walk.

After some rest and catching up we head back to the city again and he brought me to a restaurant called Bavarian Cafe. Nice and cozy place and it's packed even for a Tuesday night! We oreded a Schnitzel each; a very large pork in deep fried with fries that can easily fit for 2 person! Since it's Tueday, the joint runs a promotion for it which costs only AUD15 and if 1 person can finish 1 of it, we're given a free shot of spirit! We both managed to finish our dish within 30 minutes or more and my it's really stuffed. Ordered a couple more German beers and we're off to another happening joint called 3 Wise Monkeys and it's packed as everyone was celebrating St Patricks day!
Sydney Day 1 CLEARED!


No comments: