Wednesday, February 11, 2009

"Nikki"s first shots...

Had not even been 3 hours since i bought Nikki, my cousin, Stan Lee invited me for dinner. He came all the way to KL to visit his fren who is going back to US. Since he had not tried the delicious seafood in KLANG, I convinced him to go there for a try. Went to THE CURVE to fetch him and off we go!
Reached there less than 30 minutes and those of you who are familiar with THE CURVE and TELOK GONG, it takes longer than that to reach and yes I kinda flew :P Anyways I didn't go to the more popular restaurant "Coconut Flower" as it would have been packed by now (usually packed by 6pm as we reached nearly 7pm) but instead went to another quite famous restaurant "Restoran Makanan Laut Telok Gong". They are both just side by side.

Went to look for a place and managed to get a nice table just beneath the fan and it's recommended to look for such a place as later in the evening you will have mosquitoes attacking you. Even though they have those mosquitoe coil, I prefer not to have those as I believe it kills me faster than killing those mozzies :P

We order coconuts as the waitress claims that its fresh and also fried beehoon with tiny clams, bamboo clams, mantis prawn as well as steam "ang chor". Apologies as I do not know how the bamboo clams and mantis prawn were cooked but I guess you can view it from the photos. As for the fish, I cant recall the English name for it.

After taking the order, I quickly whip up Nikki to take some shots of the sun setting but it was too late as the sun has already been covered mostly by the coconut trees and therefore only managed to snap the orangy red color of whats left of a sunset.

Our dishes came quite fast which is less than 10 minutes....what a surprise even though that time was already half full of patrons. The dishes is freshly cooked and hot and I love the fried beehoon! It's just so tasty especially with the little clams in it....probably I was too hungry from the 30 minutes drive :P

The bamboo clam was quite nice although it has that pungent smell of sea water taste. I think they should have added more ginger in it. The mantis prawn was cooked to perfection although i prefer to be cooked in dried chili but this cooking style is crispy and very sweet. As for the fish, it's quite big for the 2 of us but we managed 2 clear it up as we're both fish lovers. Was cooked in Hakka Steam style where you get the soury taste and the fish meat still feels fresh and tender.

The only disappoinment overall was the coconut as you can see it's not a fresh coconut but a packed coconut and the taste seems weird as well as the meat taste funny. Overall was a good meal as its not really pricey for the dishes we had. They charge us in total RM 88 only. Anyways if anyone interested, you can try to look for this place. The contact details is as follows:-

RESTORAN MAKANAN LAUT TELOK GONG
No. 75, Jalan Udang Galah,
Telok Gong,
42000 Port Klang
Tel : 03-3134 1918

2 comments:

Lisan said...

If i'm not mistaken, it's teochew steam style ler kawan

Ray Titus Ong said...

oh yea...
hahaha...my apologies....
so when can i try ur cooking ar?