Sunday, February 1, 2009

Wedding Dinner @ Perangsang Templer Golf Club..

Navin & Subaashnii
My ex-colleague; Mr Navin held a wedding dinner reception tonite at Perangsang Templer Golf Club located at Templer Park, Rawang. I was invited and since I do not know how to go Rawang as it's been ages since I visited or pass by ( if you do not count the North South Expressway ). Therefore I asked Nor to tag along as my co-driver so that she can check the map while I drive and yes I did ask confirmation from Navin for a partner to tag along.
The dinner function were to start at 7.30pm but I only managed to leave my house at 7pm! Anyways since it's Malaysia and we're typical late for wedding dinners right? :P The drive to Rawang was quite good even though I'm using the old trunk road ( Jalan Ipoh ) though there were a bit more cars near Selayang side but all in all was a smooth traffic. So smooth till we missed our U-Turn to get into Templer Park. Managed to get another U-Turn later part of the road and we managed to reach by 7.40pm....what a feat!
It's situated in a nice location as most of the places are filled with trees! My kind of place...really cooling and relaxing place it seems. I heard they do have a nice waterfall nearby ( might want to try out the next trip ). Anyways I was not the last guest to arrive ( probably 1 of the earliest as well ) since the hall is less than half full and there were people slowly moving in. Entrance was greeted by 6 beautiful ladies with sweets and sprinklers. I'm still trying to figure out the sweets for but the sprinkler is something to do with blessing?
Anyways, met up with Navins sister for a quick catch up before getting a table. We're seated with 1 of the camera mans family member. Therefore in the table only 4 of us ( not inclusive of the cameraman ). Luckily we did not reach earlier as the wedding officially started around 8.40pm! It seems they have to wait for some VIPs to arrive first. :(

Heartshape Peacock

Buffet Style Dinner

Couples Dance

Thanks for the Dinner!
The dinner started off with Navin + wife (Subaashnii) & family members walking through red carpet & speech about his past from his uncle. Quite a long speech but humorous. Luckily for me I had Mc D earlier around 4 something in the evening. If not I would have been really grumpy by then :P The speech was then continued with cake cutting ceremony and a toast from the newlyweds! We started our dinner only around 9.30pm!
Dinner was buffett style and it's of course served Indian Delicacies. I didn't managed to jot down the names but what I had was some spicy chicken, sambal prawn & several curry veges. The food was quite good actually as we're the 1 of the few first to get it since our table so close to the buffet section ( by the way, we did not intentionally seat there as since we're not chapperons for the newlyweds, we need to seat quite far from the stage but luckily enough near the buffet section ).
After dinner, Navin was asked to sing a Malay Song ( I really do not know what song was that ) & he is a real good singer. Not only that, he & his wife was to dance and he really can dance to the beat. The newlyweds really look adorable and suit each other ( as you can agree with me from the photos ). Pass him my gift to him and thanking him for dinner and then we left.
Navin
, thanks for the dinner and wishing you both all the best and may you both have a pleasant and wonderful journey through the voyage of love + marriage!
CONGRATULATIONS!

4 comments:

Alice said...

Congratulations to Navin and his wife on their wedding! They look like a lovely couple. :)

Ray Titus Ong said...

yes they r che...beautiful people :D

Unknown said...

the very colorful wedding....
with the Sarees, the colorful peacocks...

Ray Titus Ong said...

surely u wanna dress in saree d rite?